Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Say my name, say my name...correctly.

My full name is Oluwatosin Olajumoke Ayomide Ajoke Mayowa Adedoyin Atoke Babalola.
My first name is Oluwatosin which means 'God is worthy to be praised', now THIS is a bit of a mouthful so I shorten it to Tosin which is pronounced toe-sin...simple enough right? WRONG.

When I was in year 7, I got on my school bus and a guy asked me what my name was to which I replied Tosin. Toasting was what he heard..what mother would call their child toasting? no offence if your name is toasting, it's a beautiful name. 

My friends now call me toast, toasty, toasting. I'm trying to get them to call me T DAWG but it's not catching on *sigh*

So yesterday, I went to work and told two different people my name and they interpreted it as  Toastina & Chelsea. Yes, you read right. TOASTINA. CHELSEA. LIKE COME ON NOW?! Toasting is one thing but Toastina. The girl who called me it was very nice so I just answered to it anyway, there was just no point correcting her. 

Just wanted to share that with you & know that you're not alone if you have long unpronounceable names. 

I feel your pain. 

Thanks for reading!
Tosin xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!