Pages

Saturday 20 October 2012

MUA Lip Boom Review

Hello! Hope you're well?
I walked into Superdrug a few weeks ago and noticed that MUA (Makeup Academy) had their own stand. MUA is a cheap affordable brand with lipsticks, lip glosses blushers, eyeshadows, eye liners and lip liners for just £1! Needless to say, I was quite excited to see the new products they had to offer.
I noticed Lip Boom.


Alexandra Burke has teamed up with MUA to create Lip Boom.

It comes in eight shades chosen by Alex herself. L - R O.M.G, It's A Situation, Doin' Good, Cheeky!LMK (Let Me Know), Vibe, Bring It and OK.com (does anyone remember Alex saying this on x-factor?)

I bought It's A Situation which is a rich berry colour. It is a matte lipstick. The lipstick has a toned-down sweet smell compared to the highlighter which has a very sweet smell which I suspect other would find overpowering but I quite like it.



 You can wear the lipstick alone for a matte look, or add the highlighter on top to make it glossy. Or you could just wear the highlighter, for a sheer pearly finish.
Karla Powell, Make Up Academy Make Up Artist suggests applying the highlighter on top of the cupids bow for a fuller top lip, or applying in the center of both lips for a plumped out full lip look. 
I don't think my lips need to look any fuller or more plumped than they already do!

I love the packaging as it looks more expensive that it actually is. Although the packaging of the lipstick looks big, it is certainly small enough  to fit into my makebag or one of the side pockets in my bag.



The lipstick alone


The lipstick with one layer of the highlighter

The lipstick with two layers of the highlighter

 I love the colour as it's very versatile. It can be worn on a casual day or a night out. However I detest the highlighter, I think it just ruins the beautiful lipstick underneath. The glitter in the highlighter is too big and it looks quite dreadful on me. 

I also love that Alex & MUA have created a range of colour to suit different skin tones.
If MUA offered this colour on it own, without the highlighter I'd just buy it. For £3 only, I'd definitely purchase Lip Boom again, it's just a shame that that highlighter is useless to me.

As it is a matte lipstick, one thing I'd suggest is making sure that your lips are well moisturised before applying the lipstick as it can really dry out the lips which is not a good look!

Have you bought any of these? What did you think?
Thanks for reading!
Tosin xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!